What is a word for not serious?
What is a word for not serious?
petty trivial. not serious and petty. flippant trivial, tongue-in-cheek. not serious and flippant. light trivial.
What is the opposite of being serious?
serious. Antonyms: volatile, gay, thoughtless, careless, joking, jocose, insignificant, unimportant, trifling, trivial, light. Synonyms: grave, thoughtful, careful, earnest, solemn, important, weighty.
What is the meaning of you’re not serious?
It means “Are you joking?” or “I think you’re joking”.
What is a better word for serious?
Some common synonyms of serious are earnest, grave, sedate, sober, solemn, and staid. While all these words mean “not light or frivolous,” serious implies a concern for what really matters.
What do you call a person who is too serious?
Stern, curt, arithmetical, unsympathetic, disapproving, not easy to communicate with, austere, pernickety, serious, dismissive, agonising slowness, disparaging, tense…
What does it mean to be obtuse?
Obtuse, which comes to us from the Latin word obtusus, meaning “dull” or “blunt,” can describe an angle that is not acute or a person who is mentally “dull” or slow of mind. The word has also developed a somewhat controversial sense of “hard to comprehend,” probably as a result of confusion with abstruse.
What does Unseriousness mean?
: not serious unserious writers unserious debates … recognize the difference between serious and unserious warnings.—
What is a not serious relationship?
Casual dating is one type of dating which refers to a relationship that is not very serious and does not require a commitment. A serious relationship, on the other hand, is when two people are in a committed, monogamous relationship with each other.
How do you know when a guy is not serious about you?
Here are some signs that clearly say that he is not all that serious about you.
- He refuses to define the relationship.
- He’s shady about you using his phone.
- He doesn’t know who your best friend is.
- You haven’t met his close friends.
- He only calls you when he wants to meet.
- He doesn’t show up for non-date things.
How do you say very serious?
- severe, acute, critical, dangerous.
- important, crucial, fateful, grim, momentous, no laughing matter, pressing, significant, urgent, worrying.
- solemn, grave, humorless, sober, unsmiling.
- sincere, earnest, genuine, honest, in earnest.
What do you call a person that never smiles?
0. Unsmiling – An unsmiling person is not smiling, and looks serious or unfriendly.
What does it mean to be light hearted?
1 : free from care, anxiety, or seriousness : happy-go-lucky a lighthearted mood. 2 : cheerfully optimistic and hopeful : easygoing they can be lighthearted in the midst of misery— H. J. Forman.
What does flippantly mean?
1 : lacking proper respect or seriousness. 2 archaic : glib, talkative.
What does date but nothing serious?
Date but nothing serious is effectively a glorified version of friends-with-benefits. You might go to dinner and a movie and they might cook for you (or you them), but it really all boils down to the physical intimacy.
How do I know if my relationship is serious?
15 Signs a Relationship Is Getting Serious, According to Women
- When being together feels like coming home.
- When you feel comfortable enough to get vulnerable.
- When you get a pet (or pets!) together.
- When they want to meet your family.
- When you just know you’re spending the weekend together.
- When you start wanting to stay in.
When a man won’t commit but won’t let you go?
Regardless, if he doesn’t commit to you, but won’t let go, it might be because even though he enjoys your romantic company, he also enjoys not being tied down. Remember, just because he wants to date around doesn’t make him a player. While that’s true of some guys, for others they’re just looking for the right person.