How long can I take Symbicort?
- 1 How long can I take Symbicort?
- 2 Can I just stop taking Symbicort?
- 3 How often can you use Symbicort inhaler?
- 4 What are the side effects of too much Symbicort?
- 5 Is Symbicort bad for your heart?
- 6 Does Symbicort affect your immune system?
- 7 Does Symbicort weaken your immune system?
- 8 Do steroid inhalers weaken your immune system?
- 9 What is the best substitute for Symbicort?
- 10 Is there an alternative for Symbicort?
- 11 Is it safe to use an inhaler without asthma?
How long can I take Symbicort?
The usual recommended dose of Symbicort is 2 puffs inhaled twice a day. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after using Symbicort for one week, or if you are using your rescue inhaler more often than normal. If your symptoms worsen after taking Symbicort, contact your doctor immediately.
Can I just stop taking Symbicort?
If you suddenly stop taking the drug, you may also have withdrawal symptoms (such as weakness, weight loss, nausea, muscle pain, headache, tiredness, dizziness). To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may slowly lower the dose of your old medication after you begin using budesonide/formoterol.
How often can you use Symbicort inhaler?
SYMBICORT should be taken every day as 2 puffs in the morning and 2 puffs in the evening. If you miss a dose of SYMBICORT, you should take your next dose at the same time you normally do. Do not take SYMBICORT more often or use more puffs than you have been prescribed.
What are the side effects of too much Symbicort?
SYMBICORT may cause serious side effects, including:
- Using too much of a LABA medicine may cause chest pain, fast and irregular heartbeat, tremor, increased blood pressure, headache or nervousness.
- Fungal infection in your mouth or throat (thrush).
- Pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections.
Is Symbicort bad for your heart?
Important things to tell your doctor You should also tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or suffer from high blood pressure. SYMBICORT can also cause other serious side effects, such as increased blood pressure, increases in heart rate, and changes in heart rhythm.
Does Symbicort affect your immune system?
Corticosteroids, such as budesonide, may decrease your immune response and increase your risk of developing pneumonia or increase the severity of viral infections such as chickenpox and measles. Always make sure you keep your recommended vaccines up to date.
Does Symbicort weaken your immune system?
Do steroid inhalers weaken your immune system?
Previous research has suggested that steroid inhalers hamper the body’s ability to fight infections by reducing or impairing the cells of the immune system. Dr Brode said: “Steroid inhalers are critical treatments for managing asthma symptoms for most patients.
What is the best substitute for Symbicort?
Similar inhalers to Symbicort include Advair (fluticasone/salmeterol), Dulera (mometasone/formoterol), and Breo (fluticasone/vilanterol). These inhalers may work similarly to Symbicort, but they are not considered equivalents of Symbicort.
Is there an alternative for Symbicort?
An authorized generic for Symbicort is now available Recently, the FDA approved an authorized generic version of Symbicort called budesonide/formoterol.
Is it safe to use an inhaler without asthma?
Is it safe to use an inhaler if you don’t have asthma? Using any medication for a condition that you do not have is not advised. For asthma inhalers, however, the risks are relatively low compared to something like diabetic medication for example, which may cause a dangerous drop in blood sugar.