What is the best doctor to see for migraines?

What is the best doctor to see for migraines?

What is the best doctor to see for migraines?

Neurologists are the most likely specialist you’ll be referred to for migraine. When looking for the right neurologist to help you with migraine, Weber says you should look for someone who has a subspecialty in headache or migraine.

Is there such thing as a migraine specialist?

Many headache specialists are neurologists. But depending on the cause, you may see a different kind of doctor. If your headaches stem from a sinus issue, you may see an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor.

Who do I talk to about my migraines?

When you get migraines, it’s important to work with your doctor to get relief. You can go to your primary care doctor, or you can see a doctor that specializes in treating headaches, called a neurologist. Go to your appointment with as much information as you can. Be prepared to ask and answer lots of questions.

What is a headache center?

“A comprehensive headache center is a medical facility where doctors in multiple disciplines come together to help take care of patients with headache disorders,” says Dr. Gautreaux. Such facilities tend to focus on patients with headache disorders that are especially difficult to treat.

When should you talk to your doctor about migraines?

Have three or more headaches per week. Have headaches that keep getting worse and won’t go away. Need to take a pain reliever every day or almost every day for your headaches.

What type of headache is in the front?

A frontal lobe headache is when there is mild to severe pain in your forehead or temples. Most frontal lobe headaches result from stress. This type of headache usually occurs from time to time and is called episodic.

What is the best headache Clinic in the US?

Each year, Mayo experts treat nearly 20,000 people for migraine. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings.

Who is the specialist for headache?

If you have severe headaches or accompanying symptoms that are disrupting your life, it might be a good idea to see a neurologist. Consider making an appointment with a neurologist if: Your headache is continuous for more than a day or two.