Is wintery a word in Scrabble?
Is wintery a word in Scrabble?
WINTERY is a valid scrabble word.
What is brumal?
: indicative of or occurring in the winter.
What does Aprisity mean?
The warmth of the sun
New Word Suggestion. The warmth of the sun in winter.
What do you call winter sun?
1. Apricity is an old English word for the warmth of the sun on a winter’s day. To bask in the sun is to apricate. The air may be cold, but radiant solar heat can raise objects to much higher temperatures, especially away from the convective cooling of the wind.
What is a chockablock mean?
1 : brought close together. 2 : very full shelves chockablock with books.
What is a tidewater dog?
a canine domesticated by man since prehistoric times. Buck did not read the newspapers, or he would have known that trouble was brewing, not alone for himself, but for every tidewater dog, strong of muscle and with warm, long hair, from Puget Sound to San Diego. curly. (of hair) having curls or waves.
Is Psithurism a real word?
Psithurism, the sound of rustling leaves, is another word we can’t believe isn’t used more often. The word is imitative and ultimately comes from the Greek psithuros, “whispering, slanderous.”
What is a throttlebottom?
: an innocuously inept and futile person in public office.
What is a winter word?
Words Related to the Winter Season There are a lot of words related to winter, from how things look outdoors or seem when it’s really cold for several months on end to helpful tools. bleak. chills. drafty. dreary.
How low is the Sun in winter?
The Sun culminates at 46.56° altitude in winter and 93.44° altitude in summer.
How do you use Chockablock in a sentence?
packed full to capacity.
- The streets were chock-a-block .
- The small roads are chock-a-block with traffic.
- It was chock-a-block in town today .
- The shelves were chock-a-block with souvenirs and ornaments.
- Paris was chock-a-block with tourists.
What is the term hunky dory?
: quite satisfactory : fine.
What does dog water mean in fortnite?
When a Fortnite player says you’re dog water, they mean you’re very bad at the game. This term is similar to terribad and was coined by a Fortnite YouTuber named M1lk.
What are interlacing boughs?
interlacing. linked or locked closely together as by dovetailing. The house was approached by. gravelled driveways which wound about through wide-spreading lawns and. under the interlacing boughs of tall poplars.
What is a Nemophilist?
Filters. (rare) One who is fond of forests or forest scenery; a haunter of the woods. noun.
What is a Solivagant?
Solivagant [soh-LIH-va-ghent] (adjective): To wander alone. This fun word comes from the Latin words “solus” meaning alone, and “vagans” meaning “wander.”
What is a Ninnyhammer?
noun. a fool or simpleton; ninny.
What is the meaning Fopdoodle?
Filters. (obsolete) A stupid or insignificant fellow; a fool; a simpleton. noun.
What is a fancy word for SAD?
pessimistic, melancholy, bitter, somber, dismal, wistful, heartbroken, sorry, sorrowful, mournful, dark, pathetic, regrettable, moving, bad, unhappy, depressing, poignant, tragic, serious.
What words are related to winter?
Winter Vocabulary Word List
- anorak. arctic.
- balaclava. below zero. beret. biting. bitter cold.
- cap. chill. chills. chilly. chimney.
- December. dog sled. down coat. drafty. dreary.
- earflap hat. earmuffs. eggnog. evergreen.
- February. fire. fireplace. firewood. flannel.
- gale. gingerbread. gingerbread house. gingerbread man.
- hailstone. harsh. heat. heater.